Kumano Kodo Pilgrimage Routes
The Kumano Kodo pilgrimage routes take you to the three greatest shrines of Kumano (’Kumano Sanzan’): Kumano Hongu Taisha, Kumano Hayatama Taisha and Kumano Nachi Taisha. The routes are a cultural icon formed by a deep relationship between humans and nature. They have been kept in excellent condition up to the present day, and were registered as a World Heritage Site in 2004.
- Recommended Itineraries
- Explore the Kumano Kodo pilgrimage routes with these recommended itineraries!
[ PDF (1.2mb) ]
- Forget the hustle and bustle of the big city and go trekking to Ise and Kumano’s pilgrimage sites
- 2 days 1 night
Try your hand at hiking the Kumano Kodo pilgrimage routes with this itinerary. Leave the hustle and bustle of the city behind, and hike through the magnificence of nature along this ancient track. On this pilgrimage, you can see vestiges of the past, and find traces of beautiful stone paving that remains even today.
Check out Kumano Kodo Pilgrimage Routes-related spots recommended by locals.
- Area Information
- Find hotels, restaurants and sightseeing areas near your current location.
Kumano Kodo Pilgrimage Routes official site
Mie offers friendly hospitality with plenty of support for
those coming from overseas.
- Popular restaurants and attractions feature stickers with easy-to-understand information.
- These stickers indicate the languages spoken by the staff and the services that are available.
- Wi-fi spots are available for anyone to use, free of charge.
- The "FreeWiFi-MIE" initiative is spreading throughout Mie, making free wi-fi services available to overseas tourists, domestic tourists and locals alike.FREE Wi-Fi MIE Map